Saturday, December 29, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my newly revamped blog!  I'll be posting some reviews here soon, along with updates on my work in progress, This Hallowed Home.

This Hallowed Home is an historical fiction novel set in Gettysburg, PA immediately after the Civil War battle has been fought there.  The central character, Jennie Wills, and her husband, David, find themselves caught up in the process of bringing the town back to normal after the chaos and destruction of the battle, including the grim task of setting up a national cemetery for the fallen soldiers.  However, when the dead have been buried and President Lincoln has departed after delivering his famous Gettysburg Address, the Wills family finds that their lives may never be the same as they were before war came to their home town that is now "hallowed ground."

I wrote the first draft of This Hallowed Home in November, as part of National Novel Writing Month  (NaNoWriMo), which was an eye-opening experience for getting to know my own writing and for getting a feel for the life of a professional writer.  For more information about NaNoWriMo, I highly encourage you to visit their website at http://nanowrimo.org/.  I am now into the editing process, and hopeful about moving forward from here.


No comments:

Post a Comment